Hello, Elle’s Studio friends! It’s Nathalie here today to share a new project and show you how I stretch my kit! After creating a full pocket page, two cards, and a mini reading journal, I still had enough in my August 2022 kit and add-ons to create this 12 x 12-inch page celebrating the end of summer at the beach.
Supplies | August 2022 Kit, Fuschia Jane Alphabet Cardstock Stickers, Jane Tile Alphabet Cardstock Stickers – Coral, Summer Cardstock Stickers, Cool Puffy Heart and Star Stickers, Good Times Paper Stack
Here are some tips to make the most of your kit leftovers:
1. Adapt the tags you have left by covering parts of them if the wording (or colors) doesn’t match what you are documenting. Example: I used a label and diecut on the tag below to cover a teal “best friends” wording.
2. Use your paper stacks to create your own tags or background. Also, don’t be afraid to cut up your leftover tags to add touches of colors or wording. What was a book spine on a tag became a border in this pocket.
3. Layer your leftover diecuts and labels to add focal points around your page.
4. Dig in your stash of past kits and stickers. With Elle’s Studio products you are guaranteed to find color matches!
5. Finally, use lots of photos so you need less tags!
I hope to have inspired you to “kill” your August Kit just in time for the September release, which is right around the corner! If you have your own tips, feel free to share them with us here or on Instagram using the hashtag #EllesStudio!
Love the look of Nathalie’s project, and wish you had an August Kit of your own to create with? Limited stock still remains, so find it HERE in our shop today while supplies last!