Paige is with us this month sharing another great step-by-step layout tutorial using our exclusive kit for September, along with our cut files, Thankful Paper Collection, and Thankful Bits and Pieces! We love how all these products work together and can’t wait to show you Paige’s simple steps to create this beautiful layout!
Here’s how Paige said it came together:
1. Copy/paste then merge the trio of hearts cut file to create an entire heart background. Tip: reflect some of the hearts horizontally to create more interest!
2. Cut the hearts background from white cardstock using an electronic cutting machine (I LOVE my Silhouette Cameo!).
3. To make the backing process faster, I released the compound path of the hearts background cut file, grabbed an inner heart from each of the three hearts and then used the “offset” feature in Silhouette Studio to “expand” each shape a bit (if the inner pieces are the same size, they’ll just fall right through the background, which is why I needed to offset them). Use the grid feature in Silhouette Studio to make 1″ apart lines and then add the inner heart pieces all across the page. Fill an adhesive mat with 2″ and 2×3″ pieces of patterned paper from the new and super cute Thankful collection to cut all the inner heart pieces.
4. Place tiny squares of dimensional adhesive all across the back of the hearts background.
5. Use the die cut hearts to back the hearts background.
6. Choose a background patterned paper. I picked an aqua polka dot paper from the new Joyful collection to help the white and colored hearts pop!
7. Embellish a trio of 2″ square photos with things from the September 2015 kit as well as the Thankful collection. Write journaling on a label tucked under a photo.
How fun is that?! We love how each of the hearts is filled with a different patterned paper – so eye catching! Thanks so much for sharing with us today, Paige! We would love to see how this layout inspires you – make sure you upload your projects to our member gallery for a chance to be featured on our blog!
Pingback: CraftCrave | DigiFree | CraftCrave