This week’s Make It Sunday features a Thankful layout about my mom! It has lots and lots of layers – once I started layering, I couldn’t stop! Layering like this is a great way to use up your favorite scraps you’ve been saving for something special, too!
This layout is about my mom and her two grand-kids (one of her grand-babies is my dog, hehe) and how both of them always want to sit on her lap – it’s just sooo cute! And, my little nephew is just starting to talk, so he calls her “Ama” instead of grandma. Definitely a memory that we treasure!
Here’s how I made this layout:
1. I started with a piece of My Mind’s Eye, Alphabet Soup paper – I’ve been saving this paper for awhile and can no longer find it for sale.
2. Next, I added a 9 3/4 x 10 3/4 inch piece of Sassafras Heartfelt paper.
3. Then, you’ll add the 5 x 7 photo on the left side, towards the top. I left about 1/2 inch of the Heartfelt paper showing on the top and side.
4. Now we need to pull some of our favorite scraps out for layering on the right hand side. My scraps I used was a piece of Hambly’s Doily Decor Transparency that I love so much, and some cut out pieces from Sassafras Intro paper, layered in between with some washi tape and a circle I had cut from something else.
5. Then, I used some diecuts from the Emma line from Crate Paper, along with our Red and Teal Pennants. One of our Date tags, Saturday Morning Tags, which I got the bottom tag from and I cut the “Notes:” part off the top tag, too! Lots going on here, but it looks great!
6. Finish it off with some books cut out of the Crate Emma Books paper and then add another Emma doily diecut and a thankful tag.
Prize: November 20th